Organic Dog Treat Recipe: Delicious Truffles
So today I thought I would share a delicious dog truffle recipe. It’s simple and easy to make! It’s so delicious your dog will love you forever! The best part is that you can eat them too! They are YUM. They would also make a great gift for a dog friend! This recipe makes about 28 balls.
- 91 grams organic all natural peanut butter (only 100% peanuts)
- 1/4 cup organic carob powder
- 1/3 cup organic honey
- 1/4 cup uncooked organic quinoa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup organic goji berries
- 1/4 cup organic shredded coconut
- extra organic shredded coconut for rolling the balls in
- extra organic carob powder for rolling the balls in
- Mini patticake liners
- Add the quinoa and 1/2 cup water to a saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Once the mixture has started boiling, turn down to the lowest heat setting to a simmer
- Cover and leave for 15 minutes or until all the water has absorbed. It should look like the photo below.
- Allow to cool completely.
The yummy stuff!
- Heat the peanut butter and honey in the microwave for about 10-20 seconds on high until melted. Stir until combined. It should look like this:
- Pour the peanut butter and honey mixture into a medium sized bowl. Add the carob powder, coconut, goji berries and the quinoa. Mix until combined.
- Refrigerate the mixture for 20 minutes so that the mixture is easy to handle
- Place extra coconut and carob powder in separate bowls
- Remove the bowl of mixture from the fridge.
- Roll the mixture into bite sized balls
- Roll the balls in either the coconut or carob powder
- Place the balls in the patticake liners
- Sit, Stay, Eat!