DIY dog art – paw painting
One of my favourite things about Rufio are his paws. They are so cute, he always props them up on me, hops around on them, digs with them and lies on his back with them up in the air when he’s asleep. So I thought, why not make a painting out of his paws?
This is a fun DIY project for you and your dog and you will forever have a memory of them in a beautiful painting. Here is what you need:
- Non toxic water – based acrylic paint
- Newspaper or paper
- Blank canvas
- A plastic drop sheet
- Delicious treats for your dog
- A tub to rinse your dog’s paws in
- A bath, your favourite shampoo and towel to wash your dog afterwards
- Simply lay the drop sheet on the ground to protect it from paint
- Fill the tub up with water to be ready to rinse your dog’s paws in
- Lay the blank canvas on top of the plastic drop sheet
- Squeeze some paint onto some newspaper or paper and dip your dog’s paws in it.
- Use some treats to help maneuver your dog over the canvas in the direction that you want
- Give them the treats for being a good dog!
- Once finished, dip your dog’s paws in the tub of water immediately to give it a quick rinse
- Give your dog a nice warm bath to get off the rest of the paint. Your dog’s fur may stain for a few days depending on the colour that you use but it will fade over time.
We let the picture dry and then wrote “Rufio” in the bottom right corner. We now have a beautiful painting to remember him and his gorgeous paws by. He was quite pleased with his own work and it looks amazing in our kitchen!